• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

buying CPS

snail

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys im in need of a new crankshaft positioning sensor
ive looked at a bunch of prices online and theyve ranged from $65 - $135 with mostly minimal information (not sure if the lower prices are only for part of the sensor..? etc)

what is a reasonable price? and if anyone knows a good source let me know. i already searched the rockauto catalogue with no success :banghead:

id prefer to buy one new than gamble with a junkyard or something

1996 jeep cherokee sport auto tranny

thanks

hey guys im in need of a new crankshaft positioning sensor
ive looked at a bunch of prices online and theyve ranged from $65 - $135 with mostly minimal information (not sure if the lower prices are only for part of the sensor..? etc)

what is a reasonable price? and if anyone knows a good source let me know. i already searched the rockauto catalogue with no success :banghead:

Check rockauto.com again under "Ignition". Crank position sensors are listed from $43 to $83 for '96.

-Ed Rico

I bought mine at advance auto parts for $35 a few weeks back, but mines an 87 if it makes a difference.

thats weird, all my quotes were 100+ !! i would check around if i were you, for some reason the dealer had one of the lowest costs...

I just purchase a brand new crank sensor form Kragen Auto yesterday. It was $ 68.99 with a one year warranty. It is for my 1992 cherokee with the 4.0 liter engine.

ok a number of sites list the CPS having an option of an updated connector for the same price as without. for example,
rockauto has it listed as "w/Updated OBD2 Connector"
or
"w/o Updated OBD2 Connector".

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

is there a major difference? such as connection type?
any info would be great

Do NOT buy a salvage yard CPS. IMHO, the CPS is the most common sensor failure on the 4.0 and you don't want to buy a used one, only to have that one crap out on you a month later.

Back