• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drill!!!

I was very happy to hear about this!

Yesterday I heard a weird noise and I couldn't figure out what it was. It was coming from outside, but going outside I couldn't really hear it. It was sort of a vibration. Hard to explain.

Once I saw the news story that the offshore drilling law was going to expire, and left that way by congress I knew what the sound was...

The nashing of teeth from all the tree huggers! :laugh3:

WooHoo! About damn time. We're going to use it all(global supply) soon enough anyways, we might as well start using our own. I'm all for wind/solar/hydro power too, but something like 70% of U.S. petroleum consumption is for transportation. That's about 14,700,000 bbl/day.
I never understood why the enviro-nuts give a damn about offshore drilling. Kelp huggers?

WooHoo! About damn time. We're going to use it all(global supply) soon enough anyways, we might as well start using our own. I'm all for wind/solar/hydro power too, but something like 70% of U.S. petroleum consumption is for transportation. That's about 14,700,000 bbl/day.
I never understood why the enviro-nuts give a damn about offshore drilling. Kelp huggers?

You know the markets are moved more by stories that reality, or so it seems. Something like this worries people that sell oil. If we really start getting more of our oil at home that means they won't be able to charge as much.

The next thing we need to do is find a way to make goods as cheap as China so we can stop sending so much money to them, keeping it at home.

You know the markets are moved more by stories that reality, or so it seems. Something like this worries people that sell oil. If we really start getting more of our oil at home that means they won't be able to charge as much.

The next thing we need to do is find a way to make goods as cheap as China so we can stop sending so much money to them, keeping it at home.
Easy, build a barracks at the factory, pay the people a few bucks a day and call the living quarters and cafeteria the balance of their pay.

Drilling is a short term small solution. There needs to be a multi-prong attack to the energy answer.

Develop shale oils. More CNG infrastucture. Increase nuclear power production. Conservation programs. Increased public transportation systems, especially bullet type trains.

Greenland is going totally electric vehicles. How? They are building the infrastructure 1st. Current gas stations are being turned into electric charging/battery exchange centers. Every home and business is having the couplings installed. Where would we get that much electricity. Nuclear power plants.

Honda Civic CNG gets about 40mpg and costs $5 for 12 gals. The coupler/adapter to attach the car and fill from your home's natural gas is an additional $10K. Until the US decides to get serious we will be dependent (even with drilling) on foreign sources of energy.

Why are folks against off shore drilling...Santa Barbara, CA 1974 that was the catalyst.

2 words...

PRISON LABOR... say it with me... PRISON LABOR. Make those SOB's do something other than get a law degree and then fight the system.

2 words...

PRISON LABOR... say it with me... PRISON LABOR. Make those SOB's do something other than get a law degree and then fight the system.

To bad those oil fields aren't in Georgia they would have those mofos out there workin.

Or that dude in Arizona....he'd have his chain gang in their pink jumpsuits out there...

Back