• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PNW M&G NAXJA contingency....

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
As most of you know another local club, PNWJeep had their annual Meet and Greet at Evans Creek this last weekend. As most of you also know, I never miss a chance to wheel Evans...or free steak. :D

There were 5 NAXJA members there waving the banner over the weekend (sorry if I missed anyone): Myself, Ian (Slacker87XJ), and Adam "Granolla" (adamusmc2002) were there Friday through Sunday, Jeremy (Megawatt) arrived Saturday, and Jason "ICDS" (FriendlyGhostXJ) came Sunday morning with the whole fam-damily. Honestly, this was the best wheeling/camping/Jeeping weekend I've ever had. Thanks to everyone who made it possible.

Where were you?

I don't have all my pics posted yet, but I'll put some up from the Sunday 311a-311b NAXJA run and some other random stuff. Most of the rest will be on PNW's site; www.pnwjeep.com.

The Mountain was being coy on Saturday:

DSC01299-1.jpg

Note to self: Never park around John with tires cocked out:

DSC01313.jpg

Weeeee!

DSC01317.jpg

DSC01320.jpg

XJoe turning the log-pile into toothpics with his new 38" Swampers. RAAARRRR!

DSC01334.jpg

Last October:

EvansCreekOct8th054.jpg

Saturday. I know, I know, I'm a poser.

DSC01329.jpg

Cloudy, but a LOT warmer this time:

DSC01335.jpg

Sunset on Saturday:

DSC01366.jpg

A somber reminder that even though it's Evans Creek, you can still get hurt. Two people were rushed down the mountain Saturday night with moderate injuries:

DSC01404.jpg

More to come:

-----Matt-----

Last edited:
Jason. Wheeling. No, it's not Photoshop.

DSC01407.jpg

Making it around "Matt's Tree Stump of DOOM!" with very minor damage:

DSC01408.jpg

TRIM YOUR F*CKING FENDERS!!!

DSC01409.jpg

That'll buff out:

DSC01412.jpg

Adam, showing some serious Drop-Bracket flex!

DSC01410.jpg

Ian, being a Sally and using 4WD:

DSC01411.jpg

Me, trying the alternate line at the top of Brake Light Hill:

DSC01415.jpg

DSC01416.jpg

Ian discovering why they call it "Brake Light Hill"

DSC01418.jpg

The NAXJA guys posing...go figure:

DSC01419.jpg

DSC01420.jpg

Adam playing on some logs:

DSC01421.jpg

Me, same place:

DSC01424.jpg

-----Matt-----

Cool pics Matt! There's only one pic with my Jeep in it... WTF! Just kiddin' man. Had a great time, and was cool to meet everybody.

Matt, you are an attention whore.

Jeremy

Out of 18+ XJs and ZJs only 5 were there from NAXJA? Somebody has some recruiting to do. 6 if you count me...but apparently I wasn't there. Matt you need to find a new trail other than 311 bro. Try 519 next time you're up there, a little something different.

"Making it around "Matt's Tree Stump of DOOM!" with very minor damage"

Oops, I ripped out my Curb feeler

"TRIM YOUR F*CKING FENDERS!!!"

Ya, ya, ya...

It's a fun trail. Enough to make Danielle and I nervous and freak my boys out. Not enought to terrify me or end up with nails engraved into my thigh.

Jason

Last edited:
Avanteone said:
I believe there were SIX NAXJA members there. :)

Thanks to all who attended our biggest and best event so far!

John

It was a great event and only because people like you guys show up and make it that way. Thanks again.

mud1059 said:
Out of 18+ XJs and ZJs only 5 were there from NAXJA? Somebody has some recruiting to do. 6 if you count me...but apparently I wasn't there.
We only saw you for 5 minutes over the weekend, and you never ran any trails with the various groups. Were you really attending the event?

mud1059 said:
Matt you need to find a new trail other than 311 bro. Try 519 next time you're up there, a little something different.
Well, last trip we spent so much time trying to get Josh in his broken pile winched up 311 that we didn't have enough time to run a variety of trails. ;)

I did run a bunch of other trails over the weekend however...these pics were just from Sunday...just the NAXJA people. I'll have some more pics when I get back from a business trip Thursday. BTW. Evans is a lot more challenging if you try to avoid body damage.

-----Matt-----

LOL I saw all your guys' paint on the trees. I left none. I only messed up my body on that one run back in April when it was miserable. Since then I barely touched anything. (not that you could tell anyways) It's always either Josh or me that breaks and lately it's been him. I'm due!

mud1059 said:
I'll probably be in the area, however not so much associated with PNW. I'm a nonconformist. Plus all the good camping spots will be taken...who knows.
Was my exact quote.

It was a clique kinda thing. I didn't tow my rig up with a dodge and I didn't have a "pretty" jeep. Therefore I was an outcast (Plus I was associated with one of those yota guys :looser: That and you and Ian were the only two I knew so I had no chance in hell on a good first impression :D

mud1059 said:
It was a clique kinda thing. I didn't tow my rig up with a dodge and I didn't have a "pretty" jeep. Therefore I was an outcast (Plus I was associated with one of those yota guys :looser: That and you and Ian were the only two I knew so I had no chance in hell on a good first impression :D

I don't think that stuff matters. I drove my ugly junk down there, didn't know anybody, still had a great time. I think Jeepers are some of the most laid back people. Nobody cares if your Jeep is pretty or you have a nice tow rig. These guys are pretty cool.

Thanks again guys. Hope to wheel with y'all soon.
Jeremy

First time at Evans, first NAXJA or PNWJeep event, first time wheeling a TJ. Had a blast, my brother and I showed up Sat morning and stayed till seconds after the raffle. I think we ran 311 and 510 (520) and then ran it backwards, not in reverse just the opposite direction. Everyone from both groups was great. I gotta tell you it's kinda intimidating showing up in something that's not locked up and beat to hell.
Thanks again, I had a blast.

mud1059 said:

WGAF? Run what ya brung. :) They don't care.

mud1059 said:
It was a clique kinda thing. I didn't tow my rig up with a dodge and I didn't have a "pretty" jeep. Therefore I was an outcast

I would disagree.

damn....I did I did, Simmer down! I'm not the type to show up unannounced and wheel with a bunch of dudes I don't know, that just not my gig. The rest of all that was me tellin stories.

ECKSJAY said:
He likes to think he was the outcast, when in reality nobody noticed him. :D

Mud who? It was awfully dry...I don't recall any mud making itself known.

Had a good time considering I only ran 2 trails. Glad those that came had a good time as well and those that didnt hope to see you next year. I dont believe anyone was outcasted or un-noticed, were you with the white toy on the trailer that kept almost hitting a XJ on the way out of the campground? That was kinda funny, the road was pretty packed with people ect and the trailer seemed to be crabwalking. It took a few tries with all the people in the way and such.

Back