• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Bolt Pattern Qustion

Eliminator89

NAXJA Forum User
Searched here but couldn't find the answer.

My '01 Sport has 114mm. The older 4.5" pattern is darned close. Not close enough? I think not. It would be too easy, but truth is often stranger than fiction.

114mm=4.48" .02 is not much difference. What I'm looking for are some nice wheels (I have steelies). The ones I want don't come in 144mm.

Keep looking?

I have never heard of an XJ having metric bolt pattern.
Are you sure about that? I'm thinking you are incorrect and it truly is 5 on 4.5".

Edit: Read 144mm not 114mm, please see my second and third posts below.

Last edited:
its the same.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!

its the same.!.!.!.!.!.!.!.!

144mm is not the same as 4.5"

Edit: Caught my mistake 5 on 114mm is the same as 5 on 4.5". If I had read that I would have put "same" in my first post as well.

Last edited:
Well, the online wheel manufacturers say the '01 has 5x114. Perhaps they changed measuring systems and that accounts for the diffence?Some wheel retailers have it as 114mm and some as 4.53".

Anyone cross-bred older wheels to an '01 or the other way around? I'm looking at Eagle 058 style. They are listed as 5x4.5".

Or, anyone have suggestions for aftermarket wheels for a stock (15x7) '01?

Appreciate the help guys.

Well, the online wheel manufacturers say the '01 has 5x114. Perhaps they changed measuring systems and that accounts for the diffence?Some wheel retailers have it as 114mm and some as 4.53".

Anyone cross-bred older wheels to an '01 or the other way around? I'm looking at Eagle 058 style. They are listed as 5x4.5".

One last time... 114mm is the same as 4.5" (it might be slightly difference, but as far as bolt patterns are concerned they are).

Trust us, factory '01 wheels will fit on any '84-'00 and vise versa.

As for suggestions... what are you looking for? Wider? Large diameter? Less backspacing? More backspacing? To many options there.

Thanks Bill, misunderstood your second post (re-read it, must take english lessons). As they are the same, then the wheels I was looking at will work.

Got a bit concerned when I saw that 114mm spec and realized I had ordered 4.5's. Local salvage yards want enough for good stock alloys that I figured I'd just order some I liked in the aftermarket.

All is well.

it wont hurt anything. if it were a little different, maybe the lugs would wobble loose after a while and sheer off your studs or even worse just fall off completly having you and your rig come to a screeching halt and having your wheel and tire pass you down the highway. Its O-TAY!

Liberty's are 4.5, too, with more backset than most might want.

Don't fixate on 15 inchers, more BFG's and other makes offer a wider variety of sizes in 16" now than ever before.

In any case, speedo correction will be required.

Liberty's are 4.5, too, with more backset than most might want.

Don't fixate on 15 inchers, more BFG's and other makes offer a wider variety of sizes in 16" now than ever before.

In any case, speedo correction will be required.

The down side to 16's is the increased cost. It costs quite a bit more for a 16" version (245/75R16) of the old 31x10.5" tire.

Well, I'm using 15s because thats the tire size I have right now. I bought the Cherokee last Thursday and had new Firestones put on Saturday. Have decided to change the wheels so I'm staying with 15s. Its strickly street duty, no lift or other mods contemplated for this one except some stereo changes...for now.

I'm working on my old '89 Eliminator. Changing to 4 wheeldrive, new engine, body repairs and paint etc. The '90 Laredo is heading to a new home. Then I have to get started on the '65 Gladiator.

Will it never end? I hope not...

Back