• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Common place for a header to crack?

jeeperguy21

NAXJA Forum User
This is what I'm dealing with:
DSC00920.jpg

Am wondering if this is a common place for the header to crack or what. Do I have any option but to replace it? I'm guessing I have got to start shopping around, but I just want to make sure that someone doesn't have a magical quick fix for this that will last longer than a week.

Oh yeah, this is on a '99 w/ 140,000 miles. Original header.

Get a new one. There's nothing you're going to do to it that will fix it. That's pretty much expected for a factory one. There's plenty of info on headers here and what people prefer. I've used a couple of Gibson stainless headers on two different XJs and they've been great. That's my experience, so that's all I can offer.

mine is severely cracked. hmmm is THAT where they crack? i thought mine was actually cracked at the head..

my buddy's 98 with 140K looks just like that....and my 99 with 113K has a hair line crack in the same place....just enough that I can hear it a little bit when it's cold.

Thanks for the input all. I guess I'm going to replace it. I ordered a new one from APN. I'll let you know how it goes. I figure I can't go wrong w/ that one since it has a lifetime warranty.

Back