• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Treadwright M/T-G

FlexdXJ

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
anyone have these. I am currently on their 235/75 mt's and i love them but i am gonna step up to 31's around tax time. Are they fairly quiet? I am not gonna waste 160 a tire on MT/R's if these are just as good or almost as good

have any pics would like to see what they look like

anyone have these. I am currently on their 235/75 mt's and i love them but i am gonna step up to 31's around tax time. Are they fairly quiet? I am not gonna waste 160 a tire on MT/R's if these are just as good or almost as good

MTR's ain't exactly the berries in the Midwest. MTR's are not that great in the mud.

FWIW, I run Maxxis Bighorns. IIRC, I paid a hair over $130 per tire....shipped. I bought them from C.C. Burgess Tire in Tuckerman, AR. I bought mine quite some time ago, I'm sure they've went up a little.

1-800-983-9023 Ask for Brian.

The tires that the MWC purchased for the Give Away Rig were purchased through C.C. Burgess. They gave us a pretty substantial discount.

Ive always wanted to try them on some "slick-rock" especially wet! I had visions of the diamonds digging into the rock!

IIRC, Zacsquatch is running the Treadwrhight MTs. I have a set of the AT-Gs and absolutely love them. I've driven them in rain, sleet, snow, and icy conditions with zero issues. Run them at 12psi for long weekend wheeling trips, and driven across Montana several times. The A/Ts have a very light "hum" at highway speeds. Tread wear has been even on all 4 tires. I've put close to 10k miles on them in just under a year, and they still look nearly new. I'd buy a set again.

I have the MT-Gs. They aren't too loud. They have a nice high whine to them at most speeds. They seem to perform pretty well. The tread compound seems pretty soft.

n701725803_1703496_1775.jpg

n701725803_1467658_6250.jpg

just ask me or PM me if you have more questions.

Chris

I have decided between these, the Bighorns and the BFG KM2's. These because they are cheap without the goodqueer mark-up and i have a set of regular mt's from them and they are great. Just wanna step it up ask HaleYes why he knows. The only problem is that they only come in a 31 so the other two will be 30's to keep the cost down

IIRC, Zacsquatch is running the Treadwrhight MTs. I have a set of the AT-Gs and absolutely love them. I've driven them in rain, sleet, snow, and icy conditions with zero issues. Run them at 12psi for long weekend wheeling trips, and driven across Montana several times. The A/Ts have a very light "hum" at highway speeds. Tread wear has been even on all 4 tires. I've put close to 10k miles on them in just under a year, and they still look nearly new. I'd buy a set again.

thats why i wanted another set of them just bigger and slightly more aggresive. You forgot to say that they are super easy to balance :D

Just wanna step it up ask HaleYes why he knows.

Never attended a Winterfest have you? The MTR fellas don't do well in the muck.

I have the MT-Gs. They aren't too loud. They have a nice high whine to them at most speeds. They seem to perform pretty well. The tread compound seems pretty soft.

n701725803_1703496_1775.jpg

n701725803_1467658_6250.jpg

just ask me or PM me if you have more questions.

Chris

what casings are those are they MT/R casings?

Yup. They are MT/R casings. It fools a lot of people. I just got them during the summer and haven't put a lot of miles on them, so I can't really comment on how they are wearing. I have had them aired down a couple of times with no issues.

Chris

Yep. My BFG MTs and Hale's Bighorns walked through stuff the MTRs balked at.

I had MTRs on my old XJ, and I hated them in the mud and snow. You know as well as I do Indiana has a decent amount of both.

I once had an ex-member offer to trade his 33 MTR's for my 31 TrXus for the weekend. I'll take a good 31 MT over a MTR in any size. JIM.

damn bighorns FTW! :D looks like its down to those

2 of my friends have the Treadwright MT/R-like tires...1 of them went on the recent wheelin trip last weekend and they seemed to do just fine in the one mud area we went through. Of course I didn't have an equal rig on normal MTs to compare it to so not exactly sure. My XJ is on 30 ATs right now with a front locker...and I got stuck in the mud, he didn't (open diff). His tires seemed to be clearing great so not sure why they wouldn't be a good mud tire? Someone want to shed some light on it? The only reason I could think of is because the tread gaps are not as big as something such as a standard MT pattern.

I was going to buy the MT-G over the standard MT because the have a little more sidewall protection and I think that's important for situations like riding washouts/gullies and being on rocks. It just comes down to finding the tire that performs best in the majority of what you ride. We usually don't have much mud when we ride but I don't want to be screwed if it rained in the previous few days or something.

***One more thing to note...these tires stand at what some 32" tires do. They measure out at 31" in true diameter.

Last edited:
...To get slighlty off topic... but does anyone know why Treadwright is not offering 35's anymore in 15 or 16" wheel sizes? Will they be offering them again soon or what?

...To get slighlty off topic... but does anyone know why Treadwright is not offering 35's anymore in 15 or 16" wheel sizes? Will they be offering them again soon or what?

I don't know maybe they are running low on the casings. Shoot them an e-mail they will respond I am sure

Back