• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wicked Cool Idea -> Diff Camera

I have been thinking about putting one of those cheap backup cameras in the front crossmember of my rig so I can see under the front bumper area. Round here we have a lot of hillclimbs followed by steep descents, so it would be nice to see where I'm heading.

That's pretty friggin sweet, definately a new experience seeing what it looks like under the rig.

well it would answer the question,where did my driveshaft grease nipple go?I've put my helmet cam on the hood and roof before, but there's no way its going under my jeep. pretty wicked though

Definitely wouldn't work for mudding :guitar:

yeah, there are some thngs to work out to make this really work. I do a fair share of water and mud crossings (not by choice, but wheel what uu got), so I would have to water proof it. Not that I'm seriously considering this, but u never know.

I code of used this last week on a river bed I was reviewing for wheeling on another day. It seems better than stopping just to look under my jeep to see that I'm not rolling my transmission pan on to a big rock.

...... I'm not saying I have done this before :laugh: Shh..

yeah, there are some thngs to work out to make this really work. I do a fair share of water and mud crossings (not by choice, but wheel what uu got), so I would have to water proof it. Not that I'm seriously considering this, but u never know.

i did a quick google search after seeing this and there are plenty of water resistant outdoor cams for 80-120 bucks. there are also submersible ones for closer to 2 hundo.

what kind of camera did you use.

I used a Canon Digital (picture) Camera with a video function. I've also used others since then with better quality. I'm actually going to buy some remote cameras next month though. I want to put one on my lower link looking forward.

Here are my current mounts.

Img_44722.jpg

I bought a backup camera and screen from Costco a while back, $99. Planning on doing the same thing, if I ever get around to installing it. The screen is pretty small, but it can be mounted to just about any surface, and the camera has a wide angle so I should be able to see everything underneath.

Back