• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

O2 Sensor Second Opinion

splitz

NAXJA Forum User
I'm pulling a:

P0138 O2 Sensor Circuit High Volts Bank 1 sensor 2
P0141 O2 Sensor Heater circuit malfunction Bank 1 sensor 2

I did some searching and found some people had this problem with their drive shaft shearing the O2 sensor wires. I checked mine and they seem to be in good order.

So that leaves me with a bad O2 sensor. I'm not one to throw the wrong parts at a problem, so I'm looking for other opinions.

Thanks!

What answer are you looking for? Seems pretty clear to me...

A way to save some money by the way it sounds!

Can't blaim a guy for that...:sunshine:

~Scott

^ Exactly!

I also want to save the frustration of trying to pull a good O2 sensor. They can be stubborn to say the least.

The trick to getting an old O2 sensor out is to get the exhaust real hot and break it loose with a wrench or O2 socket, then let the exhaust cool and turn it the rest of the way out.

If your new O2 does not have anti seize on the threads i highly recommend brushing some on!

The trick to getting an old O2 sensor out is to get the exhaust real hot and break it loose with a wrench or O2 socket, then let the exhaust cool and turn it the rest of the way out.

If your new O2 does not have anti seize on the threads i highly recommend brushing some on!

And only anti seize that is marked O2 sensor safe, they come with it new out of the box.

Back