• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Food in Moab

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Whats not to miss as far as local restaurants go?

Last edited:
Brewery sounds good to me...

Hmmm...I was gonna say that we weren't very impressed with Zax' pizza buffet. :dunno:

I like the Brewery too, and the Broken Oar. Eddie McStiff's is okay. And the Jailhouse Cafe is great for breakfast.

Moab Brewery is my favorite. Great beer and good food, too. Zax for pizza, Moab Diner for breakfast. City Market also has a variety of prepared foods.

That's my list. :)

The Moab Brewery is a must -- good beer. Moab Diner has a pretty good breakfast. Bar-M Chuckwagon is interesting.

Skip Denny's.

I think Zax varies. If you go when they're busy and the pizzas are going quick, they are good. Don't do the buffet when they're slow, because those pizzas may have been there a while...

The Jailhouse Cafe is good, I think it used to be better back when they served 100% Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee instead of the blended stuff.

And Bucks Grillhouse, right by Slickrock, is good for a nice dinner. We even had good service there.

It's been years since I've been to Eddie's, the beer wasn't too good.
Give me good beer and I'll forgive a lot of other shortcomings :cheers:

And the Mavrick gas station has a good assortment of burritos to wrap in foil and throw on the manifold for a good trail lunch :D

Pasta Jay's
Miguel's Baja Grill

Moan Diner is great for breakfast.

City Market has the best salad bar and deli/sandwich bar this side of Whole Foods.

Milt's Stop & Eat... great burgers. Hole-in-the-wall dive.
356 Mill Creek Dr.

the next time i'm out there we're going to that steak house right in front of SLCG.. last time i was there a bunch of us walked in and they gave us a huge attitude and wouldnt even seat us in groups of 2 at the empty tables.. we were a bit trail-worn from the day but not dirty. they just judged us as soon as we walked in and didnt seem to have room for us.. we knew it was BS because 2 of our guys got there a few mins before us and they were definately cleaner than we were and they were seated right away with no problems at all..
next time out we're making reservations and gonna show up there as dirty and stinky as possible..

after we were turned away we went up to the Sunset Restaurant up on the cliffs above town and they seated us after a short wait, a lil too classy of a place for us dressed in shorts and t-shirts but they were great and food was top notch..

i like the Moab Diner for at least one breakfast while in town and the Brewery is also a must..

the next time i'm out there we're going to that steak house right in front of SLCG..

Buck's has about the worst service of any restaurant in town. Hate it!

Sunset is very nice, great food, but pricey.

Recommendations for where to pick up lunch supplies in the morning on the way to the trail head, anyone?

Or are there quickie-marts at every gas station?

Back