• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adjustable track bar?

heyjpark1

NAXJA Forum User
89 XJ, yadda yadda :spin1:.

My track bar went tits up, so I'm replacing it. I just bought this XJ (the latest in my collection) and it is bone stock. I'm going to throw a 3.5" lift on it eventually. Should I get an adjustable track bar now, or will I be fine with the stock track bar on a 3.5" lift? I don't want to waste the money on a stock track bar to have to throw it away when I lift it.

Thanks!

If you get a track bar bracket or move the mounting hole 3/4" it'll work ok, but if you've got room in your budget go for the adjustable track bar. Even on a stock rig it will allow for a more precise alignment.

im glad someone posted up about this... i bought a 3" lift that doesntc ome with a bracket or a trackbar. lift manufacture doesnt call for a tb and says it isnt necessary. do i do a bracket or an actual trackbar?

If you get a track bar bracket or move the mounting hole 3/4" it'll work ok, but if you've got room in your budget go for the adjustable track bar. Even on a stock rig it will allow for a more precise alignment.

So I should get one (that means less beer money this month:cheers:), but Theoretically do I need one? Sounds like I could just reposition it when I lift it if I don't want to go with an adjustable one.

Repositioning it will help center the axle again, but it will NOT give the upper TRE more range of motion. If you lift 3.5" and then plan to wheel it, you'll wear the upper TRE on a stock trackbar out too quickly.

Better to get a cheap OEM trackbar (they are like $20) now and then an adjustable when you lift.

Back