• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Heavy Equip. operators?

tjs88xj

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering if any of yall out here are heavy equipment operators. I'm next on the chopping block at work (layoffs) and trying to be semi proactive as opposed to reactive. Looking into the heavy equipment operator field. How's the work and pay? I was told by an uncle who has a excavation business that there were schools for this, he thought in Ellensburg. Only one I've found so far is down by Vancouver. Sounds like a fun and exciting career change.

With the economy the way it is I wouldn't put any "construction" type jobs high on my list of enployment opportunities.
I have no idea what your background/experience is but there are many other fields that are better suited to a "recessionary" type economy.
Michael

With the economy the way it is I wouldn't put any "construction" type jobs high on my list of enployment opportunities.
I have no idea what your background/experience is but there are many other fields that are better suited to a "recessionary" type economy.
Michael

X2. My dad is a general contractor and business owner, and the industry is at a big low. Luckly he has a group of clients that cordinate private jobs for him to do, otherwise things wouldnt be so good.

where in WA you located. get a job at one of the Firestones.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunatly, I really dont have many skills other than labor/mild mechanical skills.

I bet there are many skills you have, you just don't think about.
What do you do for work?
What have you done for work in the past?
What are your strengths at any job?
What is your education?
What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

Talk to friends and find what you are good at and enjoy (details) and then consider jobs that include these things.
I am not saying don't do the "construction" thing, but I would look into it further before I spent time and money to be trained considering as a general rule as the economy goes down so does "construction" type activity.

Michael

work for the gov. maybe not the best paying, but, pensions are amazing, and at the mndot (Minnesota dept. of transportation) work is really easy from what i've heard. I'm hoping to get hired shortly. they just want the job done and want it done right. look into a gov. job.....

Back