• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel filter question.

mrpeepers

NAXJA Forum User
I just replaced the fuel filter a couple months ago, it's a FRAM. I don't see an arrow on the filter to indicate direction. Not sure if it would run if it was backwards.
90Xj Renix 4.0L

It used to fire up quickly, now it cranks a long time.
It used to be responsive and punchy to throttle, now it occassionally sputters and bogs down, then returns to normal.
I tried the ignition on, then off, and on and off, then start and it still took 5-10 seconds to start.

Would a fuel filter cause that?
It started fine a month ago.

1) try flipping it around :dunno:

2) dont use a FRAM

it should have had an arrow, the filter should only be run facing one way. i would just go get a different filter... with an arrow showing the flow direction.

There has to be an arrow on it somewhere; everyone I've ever worked with is marked. I'll bet it is lightly embossed into the metal somewhere and if you look closely, you'll see it. If the symptoms started IMMEDIATELY after you replaced the filter, then yea....probably it. If they started a while after the filter was changed, then you may be looking at something else. Good Luck!

Back