• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE motor mounts better out there?? or good?

traitor5150

NAXJA Forum User
I Need new motor mounts my stockers just let go digging my fan clutch into my week old $171.00 SFI 3 core radiator so im pissed. New one is on the way but I need to do the mounts I dont want ton of vibes So i was looking at the MORE ones regualr are around $80 bombproff are like $129 is it worth the extra money for the bombproof It looks like it just has an extra gusset plate in the middle of the mount?? Or is there a better mount for less money??
Thanks

I think the most important thing is to replace all three mounts at once. The two motor mounts as well as the transmission mount.

If you replace only one, the other ones will still give and wear the new one fast.

I have stock rubber mounts. Worked for me after blowing one on each side and replacing only one. Replaced all three and no more problems.

Try Fullsizejeepxj on the venders classified. I bought a pair from him and I'm happy with them. My last pair of lifetime motor mounts from Autozone lasted 9 days. The MORE mounts transmit a little more noise into the jeep but not much. The starter motor sounds louder. Not having to deal with replacing the mounts all the time makes it worth it.

I put in some MORE "bombproof" mounts about 4-5 years ago and they are still in very good shape. They do transmit more noise and vibs into the cab but its not bad. I'd buy them again in a heartbeat.

What do you guys suggest for the tranny mount?

Back