• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Windows - child lock problem?

boomer1

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search and read several good threads.

Not really good at wiring problems, so I thought I see what everyone thought.

Have a 1998 Cherokee, the power windows were working fine, then the windows on the passenger and rear all stopped working from the individual switches. All the windows still work from the driver's side control, just not from the individual switch on the other doors.

From what I've searched, it sounds like maybe the child lock switch is bad. The power locks, power mirrors, everything else works great. And I can roll down any of the windows from the drivers door.

Saw a couple of threads on just splicing the wire on the lock out switch, making each window have power all the time. Sounds like the way to go.

Any othe ideas or suggestions before I take the door apart and try it?

Thanks

You could replace the lock out switch with another one....only to probably have it do the same thing again sooner or later.

If you don't need the lock out feature, the jumper wire is the way to go....been meaning to do it on mine, just haven't had time. For now I can just bump the back of the window controls on the drivers door while the passenger is holding the switch in the direction they want, and they'll start working again.

Back