• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Repair Manual

00Classic

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering if you guys could tell me if there is a better repair manual than the Haynes. I have a 2000 and would like a manual that is more model specific. The Haynes has pictures and diagrams for all 96 and old. I have owned the Haynes manual since the first day I bought my Jeep and 8 years later I have hardly found it useful. I have had Bentley manuals for a few German cars I own and they are awesome. Any other manuals going to have more year specific info for 97 and up let me know.

Haynes < Chilton << FSM.

Haynes & Chilton are comparable in proce (~$20,) but the FSM can run you $90-100 (as Jeff mentioned.) You can sometimes track them down on eBay for rather less, but it requires some diligence.

The FSM won't even tell you everything (I'll be working on that book after I finish the one I'm on now...) but it comes close. It's the one the dealer techs use.

Thank you for the link. I did some searching the other day and all I found was Haynes and Chilton. That is not what I am looking for. I was going to stop by the dealer Monday to check with them. Now I don't need to.

5-90, I am just looking for more help with the dash. I have some HVAC troubles and need to tear into the dash and would like to get a feel for what I am doing before I get into it. The Haynes manual I have only really shows or speaks of 96 and old dashes in the edition I have.

Last edited:
Back