• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fan Questions

JamesD

NAXJA Forum User
Well I have an 89 Xj that I am building and I am wondering what I need to do as far as fans. I am converting over to open system at the moment. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to remove the stock clutch fan and mount another electric fan in it's place. Along with that can I use another stock fan in it's place or do I have to get an aftermarket. Or should I just do a direct bolt on flex fan. Or should I leave it stock with one elec and one clutch. I want to put an elec in front of the rad also. Any suggestions are appreciated. I just figured that if a stock fan had enough flow and mounted the same on the side of the clutch fan just run two stock elec inside and one aftermarket in the grill. Thanks guys you are a lifesaver.

If you want to run an electric fan go to the junk yard and look for a 91-95 3.8L Taurus. They came with a dual-speed fan that pulls about 2500 or more cfm and you should be able to get one for a steal. I got mine at the local pick and pull for $10.

Does anyone know the flow of a stock clutch fun and the elec fan. I am just wondering what is my best upgrade within $$$. Mogified XJ did you replace the clutch fan with the Taurus elec or replace both or where did you put it. I searched for fans on the forums but I didn't find anything that was helpful.

I know someone out here has some good info for cooling fan setups. Budget build pref. Also how beneficial would it be to go with a flex fan, stock elec off something else or jeep, aftermarket elec, or just leave the clutch fan alone.

MogifiedXJ said:
If you want to run an electric fan go to the junk yard and look for a 91-95 3.8L Taurus. They came with a dual-speed fan that pulls about 2500 or more cfm and you should be able to get one for a steal. I got mine at the local pick and pull for $10.

Did you put it in? I think the Ford Taurus fan is Too big on all deminsions... am I wrong?

Jeremy

Back