• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW BATTERY CABLES/TERMINALS

XJ LUKE

NAXJA Forum User
O.K., my stock battery terminals and cables are toast from corrosion on my 01 XJ, so I'm looking to upgrade them. Where can I find pre-fit, ready to install cables for a late model XJ that will work with military style terminals (as I hear those are what to get). I saw these terminals on Kilby's site, and they look like good quality terminals, but I don't know much about battery connections, so some advice would be helpful. Where would I find the proper pre-fit cables, and grounds? I'm looking for high quality stuff that will last. Thanks!

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/images/product photos/MS75004-1-n-2.jpg

x2 on 5-90s cables...

We had Jon make up a custom set for our auto-X RX-7 and we had a voltage increase of 1.5 - 2V on our Microtech LT-8s and his kit also cured our voltage drop we were experiencing when wed have accessories turned on (lights, brake pedal depression, etc...)

We've also put them into our MJ and I just ordered a full set for my XJ. Everything he makes is very stout and will last. They are WELL worth the money.

Heres his site:

www.geocities.com/JeepI6Power

As for terminals get Jon's Brass terminals (also on his site and what we run on both the MJ and the RX-7). On his site, you can read more about why those are great terminals.

O.K., my stock battery terminals and cables are toast from corrosion on my 01 XJ, so I'm looking to upgrade them. Where can I find pre-fit, ready to install cables for a late model XJ that will work with military style terminals (as I hear those are what to get). I saw these terminals on Kilby's site, and they look like good quality terminals, but I don't know much about battery connections, so some advice would be helpful. Where would I find the proper pre-fit cables, and grounds? I'm looking for high quality stuff that will last. Thanks!

http://www.kilbyenterprises.com/images/product photos/MS75004-1-n-2.jpg

FWIW, you can pick up those terminals at NAPA
P/N 728222 for neg post
P/N 728223 for pos post

FWIW, you can pick up those terminals at NAPA
P/N 728222 for neg post
P/N 728223 for pos post

When I look on napaonline I found these: p/n 728222. They are not what 5-90 sells at all, his are brass and top mount. Unless they have a different set with the same number in store?

I know I can get the same terminals he sells local and maybe 1-2 bucks cheaper. However, the trip to the store(gas money) and usually I dont see brass terminals in the stores. Plus, he prolly makes that 1-2 bucks off the terminals and Ill consider that a little gratuity ;)

When I look on napaonline I found these: p/n 728222. They are not what 5-90 sells at all, his are brass and top mount. Unless they have a different set with the same number in store?

I know I can get the same terminals he sells local and maybe 1-2 bucks cheaper. However, the trip to the store(gas money) and usually I dont see brass terminals in the stores. Plus, he prolly makes that 1-2 bucks off the terminals and Ill consider that a little gratuity ;)

I think he was saying Napa sells the terminals XJ Luke linked to?

Back