• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Install Help......

southernrebel20

NAXJA Forum User
I'm putting 3" coils in and tried to search for a build thread of coil spring installs. I didn't find any. Does anyone have an install thread to walk me through coil spring install the easiest way possible. I have a spring compressor and just want to take as little loose as possible. Any suggestions??

best way to do it is this...

Take a jack and put it under one of the knuckles on either side of your axle. then jack it up so you compress one side of the axle so the other side droops. Compress your spring (I used wratchet Straps) and slide the spring in. Leave it compressed, and move the jack to the other side and repeat. then decompress your springs, and there ya go easy install.

Keil

So you compress one side with a jack, pull the opposite side out with a compressor, compress the new spring and put it in while still compressed, then do the other side and decompress both at the same time? You didn't take anything loose (except for the shocks I'm assuming)?

They way he told you is an excellent way to do it.

Just incase you can't get enough droop disconnect your sway bars(assuming your shocks already are.) and use a hi-lift jack on the front bumper(support it somehow) And you will have plenty of room to get those springs in there.

My springs should come in tomorrow (Rusty's 180lb cause I got a heavy bumper & winch)! Along with bump stops and steering box brace. Can't wait to see how they turn out and work with my new bastard pack (leaves from a '79 chevy p/u).

Back