• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel size consistency?

XJ00RHD

NAXJA Forum User
I searched a bit around on this, but it seems like everybody wants to upgrade to aftermarket parts.
I just want to know: are all cherokee OEM wheels the same? seems like every website I check says that some wheels fit this year range, some fit other years. Are they simply referring to the style?
and what about wrangler wheels? for example the ALT9018 fit [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Cherokees from '97-'01 Wranglers from '02-'06. Are all cherokee wheels compatible with wrangler wheels? (i realize the JK is a bit different, so count them out) [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

All XJ, YJ & TJ wheels interchange. they have a 5 on 4 1/2" bolt pattern, XJ wheels come in 15x6" & 15x7", mostly the 7". Wranglers come in 15x6",15x7" & 15x8". The 8" wheel came along sometime in the mid 90s. I have 02 15x8" alloys on my 87 XJ & they rubbed on my rear sway bar before I pulled it off. 15x8" stock wheels have 1/2" more backspacing than XJ 15x7" wheels so they also rub on the lcas a little more than the 7". Just adjust the steering stops. I like my TJ wheels, they don't stick out past my flares, I like the kind of stock, but not really look. They are the 5 hole with the rivets.

Back