• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear wheel tubs, need insight?

toplessxj89

NAXJA Forum User
once i am done the tailgate my next thing on my list for my project is rear wheel tubs. i was wondering if anyone has done this before?

i was thinking about buying tubs from a speed shop. its like 70 bucks for a set and they have all different sizes. the problem is the dragster tubs are way to wide.

i need some insight. i will probably end up just buying some sheet metal and making my own.

what do you guys think? o and what gauge shud i use?

This is for off road I assume? If so, hot rod type tubs are way to thin for your purpose. Pro street tubs would get beat to shit off road, they are prone to rock damage even on paved streets. Use the heaviest metal you can work with. It's an interesting concept, keep us posted. Also, trailer fenders seem like a reasonable idea.

Last edited:
i dont have any pix, but we used a 55 gal steel drum cut to fit on a ( excuse me ) bronco ll once.it was a p.o.s. & we were not going for looks.

Back