• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Performance Starter.

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having trouble finding a performance (or better than stock) starter for my '87, 4.0L. It's time to replace it and I figured I might as well buy the best. I really like the Mean Green starters but they don't seem to make one for my year (kinda stuck in the middle), or at least for a 87 with a 4.0
Does anyone know if they sell one that will work even if they don't have it listed for my year? Are there any other companies that make performance starters?

I tried searching but didn't dig up much.

Last edited:
Well, currently the Jeep is sitting in the same spot it was a week ago, so my solenoid has already taken a dump.

But maybe my answer is way off to what it should be. I'm still learning how everything works, were things are under the hood, yadda yadda yadda, but I try my best to understand.

If you really need to get it going, try a hammer(or other persuader), or push start it if you have an ax15.

Back