• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10.25 for mud

nonnie

NAXJA Forum User
Crash's artical about common axles is a good read. I have been searching locally for a 60 for my XJwhich is going to see it's last winter on the road. I found a 10.25 for pretty cheap and amwondering if anyone else has used this axle for heavy mud use.
Front GM60 w/300tcase BTW. I'm keeping the 4.0 and plan to pop it to 4.6 ...5:13's and at least 38'sif not 40's

I have never really heard about it being used. I *think* I remember a thread from like a month ago about someone asking if anyone knew anything about that axle. Looking at the tire size you are going to run plus the fact that its in mud I would venture to guess that the axle will be strong enough. My only issue would be finding aftermarket stuff for it. Stuff like lockers, shafts and gears might be hard to find.

Chris

They are a stout axle when setup correctly. Not really an aftermarket for them though. Weld the tubes, they tend to spin. :shhh:

STP83756-1.jpg

Spinning the tubes isn't that uncommon especially with a anti wrap bar. I had one of the plug welds on my 14 bolt blow out the other day. So it got its tubes welded in as well.

Big tires, low gears, lots of traction...

Thanks folks. This is more using what's around you than what is the best :D. The 10.25 should hold up to what I'll dish out. Anyone else w/info?:peace:

Back