• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

'98 Cherokee Sport Passenger Mirror needed

lawlopez

NAXJA Forum User
Where can I get just the mirror for the passenger side electric remote mirror ?
Jeep doesn't seem to sell just the glass.
The whole thing is $130 or something from Jeep but then you'd have to install it the whole thing or remove the glass.

lawlopez said:
Where can I get just the mirror for the passenger side electric remote mirror ?
Jeep doesn't seem to sell just the glass.
The whole thing is $130 or something from Jeep but then you'd have to install it the whole thing or remove the glass.

X2 I need the same piece...

don't think you can remove the glass or replace it.

Yes you can, There is a plastic frame for the glass that is glued to the mirror, but if you use a screwdriver or your fingers and lift up on the frame the glass and plastic will come out of the electric mirror.

I have been searching for this piece for a while and have had no luck finding one,
but i have noticed that it is almost the exact same as a minivan or a grand... so i might try one of them

I know this doesn't help you find one, but I feel your pain...

I just baught a new one at the dealership. it was like 100 bucks and that was not to bad. I too was going to buy the glass, but in the end I just got the whole thing to save time. Took like 15-20 mins to install. You can also try Ebay or a salvage yard too.

Sad to say, that is what I'm doing.
Ebay or wrecker yard.

In comparison the driver manual remote mirror of a MB 1991 300E 4 Matic is $400.
I got rid of that puppy and replaced it with the Jeep.

I've seen mirror inserts at the parts store, was going to pick one up for our YJ which has a broken drivers side one. From what I see in their directions you just break off the old stuff, peel the back off the new one and stick it on... It was like $10 or something.. Now that I'm thinking about it I will be running out later to get the mail and will stop and order one, will check out the availability for the XJ.

I've got a spare mirror at home for a 97-01 XJ (glass only). I can't rememeber which side of the Jeep it's for but I'll let you know later on tonight.

lawlopez said:
Sad to say, that is what I'm doing.
Ebay or wrecker yard.

In comparison the driver manual remote mirror of a MB 1991 300E 4 Matic is $400.
I got rid of that puppy and replaced it with the Jeep.

WTF? $400 that's more than I payed for my MJ. Un-freaking-believable. Good idea getting rid of it.

-Pat

Back