• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what shims for 7" of lift?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Okay you all are going to hate me for this, but untill i can afford a new BDS pack im running my 3.5" rubicon express pack (sits settled at 4"), 1" rubicon shackle and will be adding 2" rubicon blocks :wow: for a total of 7" rear.

Now right now its shimmed for a 4.5" rubicon express lift, not sure what the shims are at, but do i need to reshim it with the extra lift? Shims are gonna be a bitch to put in with those huge blocks, but it all just needs to hold out untill i can afford a new rear pack. Anyway, what angle shims should i buy? And Do i need new u-joints? If so what specs do i need? Its a chrysler 8.25 rear... Thanks eveyrone!

Keep it as it is until you can get new packs. 7" in the rear is a lot anyway, what the heck are you trying to fit under there? Why would you think you need new u-joints? A longer driveshaft maybe, but I don't understand the u-joint issue.

Shims are a band-aid or are for minor adjustments. If you need to shim that much, do it right and weld the new perches on at the correct angle.

On that note, nobody can tell you what you are going to need on your Jeep. If you really want those ridiculous blocks, put 'em in and whip out the tape and those trig skills. It ain't hard.

Last edited:
Well im good at geometry (or just plain not a dumbass), and i have a SYE and tom woods driveshaft im not worried about vibes, i just dont want my pinion to start leaking. My XJ is 90 miles away right now i just wondered if any one knew, its really not too complicated, just wondering what people witht hat much lift ran. I might check on what companies selling really big lifts suggest.

Back