• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shocks for 2" bb

mr2guy7

NAXJA Forum User
im getting a 2'' bb lift from a buddy and just used stock shocks with but im noticing that everyone else is using new shock..what should i do new or stock? and what kind off shocks would be good for comfort and not break the bank? (searched and didn't really find what i was looking for)

You can use you stock shocks, but if your sway bars are disconnected, they will be your limiting factor. If you just replace your shocks with longer ones, or extend your stock shocks with BPE's or something, and your sway bars are disconnected, your stock brake lines will be your new limiting factor (not good).
Now you can just remove a couple bolts up front and a clip in the rear to free up a little more break line (just to get by), but that leaves your hoses hanging from a(n) mostly unattached hard line. If you are planning on getting new shocks anyway, you may just want to leave your stock ones in for now.

There are several different after market shocks to choose from.

I ran stock shocks on a 3" BB for a few years. I had my sway bars disconnected for about a year. I flexed it a lot. No complaints. If you plan on eventually going bigger (which you likely will), keep the stock shocks until you get the taller lift and buy shocks then to fit it.

Back