• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

intermitant check engine light

Pull the code. Key on, key off, key on, key off, key on (no start, just ignition). Check engine light will flash codes. Each code is two digits. "1-2" means recent battery disconnect, but sometimes comes up anyway. "5-5" is end of sequence and always comes up to insure that the system is working at all. Any other pair of digits is a trouble code. Write it down. Then look it up HERE or, if that doesn't seem to do it, post back and someone will look it up in a factory manual.

i got the code 36, the given link should like three things it could be, any help?
That's the second time someone has come up with a 36 here recently, and it's not in my 95 FSM! None of the codes on the Allpar site correspond to Xj components. All I can suggest is that you try again and hope you counted wrong. I hope someone else chimes in here, because if it comes back 36 again, I have no clue.

That's the second time someone has come up with a 36 here recently, and it's not in my 95 FSM! None of the codes on the Allpar site correspond to Xj components. All I can suggest is that you try again and hope you counted wrong. I hope someone else chimes in here, because if it comes back 36 again, I have no clue.

'92 codes wouldn't be in a '95 manual. I had my friend get me back into Chrysler's website and they don't have any service info past '95 for any of their cars now, only TSBs.

'92 codes wouldn't be in a '95 manual. I had my friend get me back into Chrysler's website and they don't have any service info past '95 for any of their cars now, only TSBs.
In general, they're the same, unless a new one was added or an old one dropped. 36 seems to be an undocumented one. I haven't tried a search here, to see what the resolution was last time this one came up.

Back