• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please help identifying suspension parts (pics)

Crispy

NAXJA Forum User
I bought this kit today from a boneyard for pretty cheap, I just dont know how much lift it will give me. (sorry about the crappy pix, they are from my phone)

Coils - Measure 22" top to bottom
SSPX0044.jpg

Spacers - Measure 2" top to bottom
SSPX0045.jpg

Shackles - Measure 6.5" from center of bottom eye to center of top eye
SSPX0042.jpg

Leaf Springs - did not know how to measure so as to decipher anything relevant, please advise.
SSPX0043.jpg

Steering stabilizer
SSPX0046.jpg

Shocks
SSPX0048.jpg

SSPX0049.jpg

1) Image resizer. get one. :)

2) Looks like you have a 2" budget boost there, with stock springs.

Any control arms? Springs and shackles are pretty generic looking to the eye. Also, if there were no control arms I hope you are going for a very mild lift... like 2"

Pics resized lol, sorry about that.

No control arm and actually I was looking for 3" but I guess I'll deal with 2". I'm finally getting around to doing the suspension, my girls XJ looks like its lowered :( We got it for free and the previous owner wasnt too big on maintenance, the motor has been revived and is reliable as all heck.

Are those spacers in the coil good for anything or are they stock?

Those spacers in the coil are crap that people use to get cheap junk lift or to space out coils that are sagging. Best thing to pull them out as if the coil flexes they'll just fall out, they're like the junky rubber spacers you get from auto zone to put in between the coils.

The front spacers are made of metal, not a big fan of them though, I'm probably scrapping those. Now upon a little research on line I found this image from ericsxj.com which leads me to believe the the rear should be more than 2" of lift.
shackles.jpg

With that said, can anyone estimate the additional lift I can expect from the shackles, or better yet how to calculate what lift I'll be getting over stock?

the shackles look like 1.5 inch lift but thats just a guess
my 1.5 shackles measure 6-3/8"
and i don't think those leafs are stock though because stock only have 4 leafs

and when i was measureing a set of 3 coils for lift purposes one time they measure like 21 or 22 inches

and some people try to run 3 inch lifts with stock control arms maybe thats why it was in the boneyard

As time has been passing it looks like there are a lot of components here. For arguments sake lets say MTBracer is correct and I have 3" lift coils, the spacers measure 1.5" so that would give me 4.5" up front.

Out back lets say they are indeed what silverslk said, they are currently set for a 2" lift, there is also a 2" spacer which ads up to 4". The leafs have 5 leafs, maybe its an add a leaf system, there is similar nomenclature on both, and on the set I bought today it just looks a little off, as if a leaf were added, in addition to the finish on the the 4 other leaves being a little crustier.

There isnt a way to determine how much additional clearance that leaf would give me is there? Well besides putting it on the car and then removing that leaf.

Lets say for arguments sake the lift is 4.5 all around, I need a transfer case drop and brake line relocation correct?

I want to thank all of you that have stepped in and helped me out with this, I really appreciate it.

those shackles are from the rough country budget boost. they have the slits in the frame and are adjustable to 1" to 2" lift. stock springs with an AAL because they look like they have 5 or 6 leaves in them... i think factory is 4. and those are rough country coils... (only two lift brands that do silver springs are RE and Rough Country) Hope that helps. Its probably a 3-3.5" lift.

Thanks bro, I'm gonna see what happens this weekend, I'm gonna start with coils sans the spacers, and shackles/leafs with no block.

Back