• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Portland audio guy?

Smittty9785

NAXJA Forum User
I have a $500 deck in my xj and i have it chopped. My stock cd player in the s10 blazer is taking a crap. anyone know a good guy around here who can do the swap for a decent price?

im thinking of going 40x14.50x17 km2's. not sure if my jeep weill be able to handle it with the new axles but i want them... and about the radio, the deck thats in my xj is a Eclipse comp deck so its a little more work than that. also its alot smaller than the stock deck and all the buttons on my blazer.

this is what is in the xj. flip down CD player.
14lo9t.jpg

this is the stock blazer cd player. (bulky as hell)
2rehdna.jpg

yea i dont feel like getting raped.

how complicated could it be. ive played with a few eclipse head units. nothing too special. ive laid a hand or two on this.
http://www.caraudiomag.com/features/0305cae_arc/index.html

audio illusionz, redding cali. that car was 90% complieted in Yreka ca. by chris meril i cant remember what the shops name was then and i just about lived there. thay finished it after the move.

Last edited:
well from what i remember the two wiring harnesses were way totally opposite and wacked out. maybe ill dig in them both again today and see what i can find.

Your gonna need an adapter plate that will make it fit in the big opening. Its a plastic outline that goes around. Your local stereo shop will sell wiring harnesses. All the wires will be color coated but not all lign up. You might want to read your stereo manual to see the color codes for the wires so you know what to connect them to.

yea thats why i wanted to find someone who will do it fairly cheap. I also have 6 12" subs from eclipse that weight about 50lbs each. I got the deck for a graduation present 5 years ago from a family friend who managed a stereo shop. And about the subs, got them from the same guy who had them in his tricked out speed boat. he had too much money to know what to do with so he gave them to me. i never complained

buy the install kit and the wiring harness adapter and it's a cakewalk! I can even assist on it if you need.

Though, with that double din space, I'd be buying myself a double din touchscreen unit with some navigation....yeeeah

only bad thing about the eclipse subs are they are like 12" deep and need atleast a couple thousand watts to push them (each)... i got 1800 watt amps and i just need a few other pieces to blow my windows out.

Ok, I don't have a job currently, but I am a night student, so this will be a perfect job for me. Ask Nw-Scott about my installs if you don't trust me. He is my brother-in-law. Anyways pm me all the things you have and need installed. Sounds like a deck with a sub and amp. Any others?

You will need to get a harness adapter, double din deck adapter kit for a single din unit, a lot of 2 or 4 gauge wire(depending on the length of your rig and location of sub and amp), rca's that will be long enough to go from the deck to the amp, a package of butt connectors, package of zip ties(about 8-10 inch black style), and if there is anything else, it will just depend on your rig in general while being worked on.

After you pm me, I will put together a quote. If this is cool, Awesome!, I could use the money.

:smoker:

Back