• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

M.O.R.E JM600 Torsion motor mounts

mdwatkins

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys...just installed their new torsion mounts into my 99 XJ and these things vibrate like crazy...Am I missing something? I didn't torque anything down until both were in place and the engine suspended fully by them.

Before I torqued them down should I have started the engine to settle things into place first? Is is possible that I have things over torqued and this is why I'm experiencing this huge difference from the OEM?

I knew there was going to be a noticeble difference, but nothing like this. They feel like a set of poly mounts by how much vibration they transmit.

Aside from the vibration these are some bad@ss mounts and can't wait to see how they hold up in the dirt

Matt

Mine had noticeable vibration, but you get so use to it you can jump into a stock motor mounted cherokee and you wouldn't notice the difference. I absolutely love mine, one of my best investments.----Kyle

I put the exact same ones in mine and noticed quite a bit of vibration too. I'm used to it now and it doesn't bother me, but they definitely vibrate more than stock. I didn't even torque them down in the order they said but haven't had any problems. I'll probably check the bolts later this week again just to make sure they're still tight.

Nope, you're not missing a thing. The M.O.R.E. mounts are stiffer than the stock mounts, but less stiff than polyurethane. They'll soften up, but at idle it'll be buzzier than stock.

I put mine on a year ago. I'm happy with them, and will cheerfully do them again. BTW, that's apparently an off the shelf lower control arm bushing in there....so they may be rebuildable for less than $20.

ChiXJeff

es this and old post but I was wondering if anyone has figured out the replacement bushing for it.One of mine has cracked bushing and just need a replacement one.Thanx

Back