• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stick with BB or Rustys 3?

paroxysym

NAXJA Forum User
i just purchased a 95 xj with 100k on the clock. the previous owner threw a RE BB with the AAL on it last year. it probably has 6k on it or so. i wanted to make the jeep able to wheel on a wekend every now and then, but still be reliable and comfy for my dd. im buying this for my dd so i want to keep things kind of simple and easy. i also plan on throwing a set of moabs on her when i find a set. i would like to be able to accommodate a 31" tire too.. whats your thoughts? a rustys 3" will setme back alittle over $600. but i have been reading and seeing these AAL arent all that great long term..... thanks for the help guys

NO RUSTYS.

Go with a more reliable company.

If you dont already know search "rustys" and you'll see all the crap that they build and how easily it all breaks.

There is a reason everyone talks trash on Rusty's products and shipping.

What I don't get is the reason people keep buying his products.

If you want an inexpensive lift, check out Rough Country. They are in our vendors area, sell solid equipment at a good price with wonderful service.

In the 'low' lift area..

Rubicon Express
Rough Country
Tomken (4" iirc)

Those are the big 'small' lifts.

if you're going for super cheap, go the junkyard route. If you want a great lift for a good price, go with the Rubicon Express 3.5" Superflex kit. I got mine, without shocks, from 4 wheel parts for $400 (had to negotiate it down, were originally asking $600). Another $100 for longer shocks and I was good to go. Great street ride and great wheeling capability. Fits 31's easy, I'm actually moving up to 33's (will have to trim fenders for those probably).

http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=188&Pn=2016&XnPath=188&Vid=52F5247199016

I'm more than happy with the quality and service from Rough Country. :) I got a 3" complete kit from them a few months back. You hear nothing but good things about them.

Talk to grimus99XJ ( Jason). He'll do ya right. :yelclap:

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=965532

yea i would go with the one jeepster_259 said and get the RE 3.5". but seeing as you already have the BB keep it and add it to the new lift. just buy the shocks they sell with the 5.5" kit instead and you should be fine. just get a T case drop and you'll be set. or the whole 5.5" kit and sell the BB

i don't think ill keep the BB. The rear has the AAL. He towed a small boat so that def broke that in a bit. If I do add to it I'd prob but replacement hd leafs from quadratec and add a 2" shackle to the rear and a nice set of shocks.... Decisions decisions...

In your decisions just remember:

Do it right the first time.

Theres no use in spending money for something twice. Do it right, do it once.

JMHO

I don't get why everyone talks bad about rusty's springs. I have HD 3'' coils and 3'' full leaf packs, and they settled to 3.5''. My bushings aren't that great in the leaf springs, but when they go, I'll go get some stock jeep ones and put them in. I've put over 10,000 HARD miles on it, and I expect them to be worn out a little. The ride is just as good or better than stock, and it flexes great.

I don't get why everyone talks bad about rusty's springs. I have HD 3'' coils and 3'' full leaf packs, and they settled to 3.5''. My bushings aren't that great in the leaf springs, but when they go, I'll go get some stock jeep ones and put them in. I've put over 10,000 HARD miles on it, and I expect them to be worn out a little. The ride is just as good or better than stock, and it flexes great.

it's not the springs. It's everything else. Although my leafs were just way too soft, sagged and spring wrapped. Still run the coils, but everything else was replaced with RE or something else.

Back