• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

best money spent

bluejeepkid

NAXJA Forum User
ok their is a thread called biggest waste of money....so i thought id do the opposite....how about the best thing you have bought/done to your xj

On my 99 XJ...
WJ front seats-$150
Synthetic oil-$36/per change
Flowmaster 40-$60
Autodimming rearview mirror with temperature and compass-$35
Overhead console-$45

That's tough...but I'd say armor (skids/sliders) definitely are up there. Next would be upgraded axles/shafts/steering components and then I'd say locker. Even though the locker is the most fun, the others are necessary for reliability and protection.

Oh, and learning HOW to drive your XJ can be the best thing you will ever do for it outside of a purchase/upgrade.

Last edited:
I have a feeling the gears and locker that are going in as I type will be the best money spent on my Jeep.

For right now, I'll just say my Alpine head unit and new speakers. I can hook up my ipod and listen to all the tunes I want without switching CD's. Detrimental since this is my DD.

im saying my smittybilt xrc 10k winch for sure

the free steel i stole...i mean borrowed from work to make my front and rear bumpers and tire carrier, and my 2 meter ham radio because cb radios suck.

my naxja membership

I've done .. a lot .. of mod's.

The best bang for the buck?

Dual Diaphram (WJ) brake booster.

Slayer sticker

$500.00 on the toyota 4runner for the wife to wheel so she stays out of my Jeep:laugh3:

Back