• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHEN INSTALLING 99 INTAKE ON 95 XJ, DO I NEED NEW ALT BRACKET?

95cherjustin

NAXJA Forum User
Was think of installing the newer intake manifold on my 95 xj, Do I need to modify anything or get new alt bracket?

Also Throttle body do i need the newer one too?

95 xj 4.0

thanks!

Was think of installing the newer intake manifold on my 95 xj, Do I need to modify anything or get new alt bracket?

Also Throttle body do i need the newer one too?

95 xj 4.0

thanks!

A power steering bracket will be needed if you don't feel like adding another idler pulley...

keep your throttle body, although an upgrade (62 or 63mm) would be good!

Im sorry yes Power steering pump bracket, i need the newer one right, also what do you recommend for throttle bodies is the 99 and newer better with the vacum port on it?

Here are the prices for bored throttle bodies as well as optimal sizes from Leigh

'87-'90 60mm Throttle body $90.00 $50.00
'91-'95 63mm Throttle body $90.00 $70.00
'96-'04 63mm Throttle body $90.00 $70.00
'05-'06 62.5mm Throttle body $105.00 $80.00

Your '95 needs '95 sensors, which need a '91-95 throttle body to mount up

Keep your throttle body, it bolts right up to the 99 manifold. It takes all of about 60 seconds to remove a throttle body, so it's not necessary to bore it out or do whatever to it while you have it off. Alternator bracket is on the other side of the engine and isn't affected at all by upgrading to the newer manifold. As stated already, get the power steering bracket with the new manifold.

Back