• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wiring harness?????????

Can I replace the main wiring harness out of a mj with one from a simular xj? AE same year, motor, tranny, t-case, power options.
Yes often times you can. The only thing is you will have to cut out the rear door/tailgate wiring and modify the XJ harness to accept your MJ taillight/reverse light/fuel pump wiring.

I the dash harness in my MJ with one from an XJ. It may not apply to you, but for my '92 i had to make two changes to the harness. The '92 XJ had to connectors that ran wires back to the cab, the MJ one. Move some of the pins over from one to the other to match the cab connector on the MJ. I also had to run a wire to the steering column so my brake lights would work.

Your best bet would be to find one from the same year and motor, don't think tranny and tcase make a difference. Definitely a good idea to have a FSM or some wiring diagrams around. Someone posted up on comancheclub about needing a harness, i'm guessing it was you. If there ever is a time to get power windows and doors, its now. Find a loaded XJ, pull all the wiring, door lock motors and window regulators and move them over to your mj.

That was me. Someone cut the main two looms of wires under the dash. Is there a plug between there and the engine. I have it jerry rigged for now, but My buddy and I are going to kansas in may to go tornado chasing.

i had the same problem, the PO cut up the harness to put in the aftermarket stereo and alarm (that would go off while i was driving). It was easier to replace the whole harness rather than try to splice everything together.

Back