• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

build ideas please

ARB I believe is the only company to offer a D44 35-spline locker/carrier (might be wrong). You'll need that and 35-spline shafts from either Alloy USA/Superior (I forget who makes them). Not sure if any modifications to the housing are required, someone else might be able to chime in.

how do i build my rear xj 44 to 35 splines and how much will this likely cost doing the work myself? and has anyone run this setup on 37's in the rocks?

thanks, jordan

Rather than build a 35 spline 44.. I think it would be better to build a 60.

Pushing the 44 to the limits is not as good as building a D60 being well within its strength limits.

cost will not be that much more.

Rather than build a 35 spline 44.. I think it would be better to build a 60.

Pushing the 44 to the limits is not as good as building a D60 being well within its strength limits.

cost will not be that much more.

only thoughts are that i'd like to keep stock width, i have the option of buying a friends axles off a 2000 dodge 1500, its a 44 front, 9.25 rear both with 4.11, dtroits and gun drilled axles, but now i'm running full wdth's and its my dd

I'm running the 35 spline dana 44 setup, with alloy-usa shafts.

In my case, I was tired of the detroit and needed to replace a bad pinion bearing .. so for a few bucks more, I upgraded everything.

i have the option of buying a friends axles off a 2000 dodge 1500, its a 44 front, 9.25 rear both with 4.11

I thought Dodge's were all passenger side drop like chevy's instead of driver's side like ford's and xj's.

what size tires and how much would you spend to build it that way?

35's, and I don't really know. There was a lot of trading involved in getting the parts. really, things just sort of fell in place to do it, if I were working in cash I wouldn't have.

old old dodge stuff yes

anything since the 90's is all driver drop

That's good to know I thought the only thing drivers drop was ford, that helps open the range for front axles some and gives ability to get something less than 30 years old.

Back