• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 ARB brocken cross shaft?

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I have been hearing weird noises coming from my front axle and I discovered what appears to be the cross shaft in my ARB is backing out and hitting the pinion gear. Luckly it didn't chew up the pinion gear but the pinion gear took some chunks from the cross shaft. Am I right to think the shaft is broken since the other side is still sitting flush with the ARB housing, it is not pushed inwards at all? Has anyone else seen this happen to a ARB, I am only running 33's? I just put 35's on it but only drove it on the street, maybe the new KM2's scared it! By the way yes I know it is broken not brocken..... why did I type that?

0de1b223.jpg

Well I pulled the ARB apart and the cross shaft was sheared in 2 places. Luckly it caused no damage anywhere else! Notice it broke where the cutouts are for oil to lubricate the spider gears, I wounder if they make these without the cutouts. My stock cross shafts didn't have them.

2a4c5254.jpg

Back