• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE control arm drop brackets/ C4x4 rails?

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
Is anyone running this combination? I was planning on starting the install tonight, and the drop bracket braces will NOT fit due to the C4x4 rails. The rails have mounts that bolt on the bottom and side of the frame rail RIGHT where the DB braces would have to sit.
Am I missing something obvious, or is this not a workable combination without a good deal of extra fab work?
TIA!

I had a similar situation with my Tomken rails and the RE DB braces. If the C4x4 rails mount to the frame with the brace to the rail coming off the side of the frame attachment, then you may be able to leave them where they are. I was able to get the DB braces on by drilling them for the rail mount bolts and shimming them back at the cross-member to match the thickness of the rail mounts , this also gave me about 3/8" TC drop and extra bolts in
the DB braces. Hope this helps.

Back