• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detours XJ-1 stiffeners and RE drop brackets

xjtrailrider

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Anybody running this combo? I'm concerned about the outer bracket working with the extra thickness of my stiffeners. I'm concerned that it may throw off the entire bracket geometry all the way up to the upper bushing.

I talked with Mark today and he has no feedback about the drop brackets being used with his stiffeners but didn't think it would be an issue.

Give me feed back!

I've seen it run, longer hardware was required but was fine.

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure gcurtis runs that setup.

To be clear, I said I've have no negative feedback from people running the combination.

You'll be good, pretty cut n dry...

I have looked at the pics on the website, but I have zero imagination and can't for the life of me figure out how these sliders/stiffeners mount up. Anyone have any install/mounting pics?

Slide fork connection in the rear, lower control arm mount up front or the LA weld in
version which eliminates the lower control arm bolt mounting. All mounting points are
1/4" thick steel.

Hope that helps.

To be clear, I said I've have no negative feedback from people running the combination.

You'll be good, pretty cut n dry...

Mark, sorry for the miscommunication, I'm not questioning your advice just wanted feed back from someone with it mounted up.

Jon

I have looked at the pics on the website, but I have zero imagination and can't for the life of me figure out how these sliders/stiffeners mount up. Anyone have any install/mounting pics?

Like Mark said, its simple, no need to take out any bolts just loosen them up and the slider/stiffener slides right in. You will need to know how to weld and also buy a long shank 1/4" drill bit to drill the holes into the pinch seam with.

That long 1/4" bit would be an 'electrican's bit available at your big box & small hardware stores, it allows you to drill the pinch weld connections without doing the 'on/off thing'.

Trailrider, put a leather glove on top of the slyder before you start drilling, this will prevent any scaring/scratching in the drill areas.

That long 1/4" bit would be an 'electrican's bit available at your big box & small hardware stores, it allows you to drill the pinch weld connections without doing the 'on/off thing'.

Trailrider, put a leather glove on top of the slyder before you start drilling, this will prevent any scaring/scratching in the drill areas.

Mine are on and well used Mark, they are TOUGH! I've dropped hard on them, no issues, I can open the rear hatch and shut it at full flex with no issues.

Great Product!

Its pretty rare he checks Naxja anymore.. I wouldn't hold your breath for a response :)

He answered me back today! For those future searchers, gcurtis's RE drop brackets work fine with his Detours X-1's with no issues.

The Detours X-1's speak for themselves, great product!

Back