• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tire eating problems

lilkuff

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 92 limited with a 4.5 inch rough country lift with stock uppers and their fixed lowers. i was running 245/75/16 goodyear mtr. the problem is they only lasted a couple thousand miles. i had to rotate them every two weeks. i know my allignment isnt perfect but its pretty close. ive ive searched offset ball joints and still dont know if that is the answer. it sounds like they should only be nessecery if something is bent. my axel isnt bent but my caster/camber is visualy off. any sort of help would be great.

How did they wear?? Unevenly on the inside or outside of the tread?? If so, keep messing with your alignment!! Paying 40-60 bux for a shop to do it is MUCH cheaper than buying new tires every few months!!

I agree , I have always been able to get it close but I never felt confident in my alignment until the alignment shop confirmed what I did and with oil prices doing what they are doing to prices of everything that has oil in it I recommend a pro alignment as soon as possible if for no other reason than tire prices these days

thanks for the advice. i plan on getting one done right away but what about the offset ball joints. could i need them? are they worth it?

I actually had an alignment the day of the lift, and new wheels and tires. Man oh man she drove good. I got the warranty alignment so I could get it done again with in a year. This worked out well since I replaced the wheel bearing Assemblies.

Get it aligned, but get it aligned by someone reputable. NTB did mine.

thanks for the advice. i plan on getting one done right away but what about the offset ball joints. could i need them? are they worth it?

x2 on that, i was wondering about that. Im about to do balljoints and right now my tires stick out at the bottom, bad camber, could it be from bad ball joints? my jeep tech dude told me i need ball joint plugs to fix that...

x2 on that, i was wondering about that. Im about to do balljoints and right now my tires stick out at the bottom, bad camber, could it be from bad ball joints? my jeep tech dude told me i need ball joint plugs to fix that...

Yes...

Since you dont have any numbers,no-one can give you that answer.

Back