• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What front springs for 7"?

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Okay I need to achieve right about 7" of lift, right now i have 5", its a rubicon express 4.5" kit but it comes to about 5" since its RE. The front actually has a 1.5" spacer to account for my winch and bumper.

To get 7" in the rear im going to add a cheapo 2" steel block for now, but for hte front i was thinking of getting 6.5" springs from rustys. Now on paper, taht is 2" longer than my 4.5" RE spring so they should sag down just enough to be at 7" with my 1.5" spacers, that is... on PAPER....

The PROBLEM lies in that a rustys spring will have different characteristics than a rubicon express spring, so what do i do? I like rustys cuz its about $50 cheaper than ACOS, and i need to save all the money i can right now... what do you guys think i should do about the front????

I think you should trim. Nothin but 40's and dana 60's requires 7"+ of lift. What are you trying to put under that amount of lift??

I call BS on the trimmed...either that or you're afraid to cut. How old are the springs you have now? They might just be worn out.

Have you bumped stop yet? If you did, you need to add more...I have 6.5 lift with no bump stops and after i trimed it only rubs inside the wheel well.. I have posted a pic of it stuffed all the way up.. Go check it out.. Bump stop, bump stop...My 2 cents

Edit , i have only 33's right now.. The 53 guy did a great write up on trimming.. Go check it out..

no i odnt have 35s yet, i have 32s right now. and it IS trimmed
DSCN0781.jpg

Anyway, that isnt hte question anyway, does any one have any info on what i can expect on these springs and their repective "actual, weighed-down" lenghts?

I wouldn't go any bigger than about a 6" spring, you're just asking for a bad ride. Throw a spacer in.

I'm with everyone else, why so much lift? it's gonna get pretty tippy

Back