• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CB not working

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a midland cb radio and it wont let me hear what people are saying to me. The people on the other side can hear what im saying, but i cant hear them. I can see the lights on the display light up indicating that i am reciving the signal, but their is no sound. Any ideas?

On the easy side, broken speaker wire, grounded speaker wire, dirty or failed volume potentiometer. On the hard side, blown transister on the audio side.

If there is an aux out jack, mini-din, plug in a set of head phones. That at least will eliminate the internal speaker.

Also, sometimes i will be able to hear them for a split second. I never tuned the swr, so maybe that has somthing to do with it.

Problem is most likely a broken wire in the mic. If it were a blown audio chip they wouldn't hear you either. 99% of all radios produced in the last 30 years use the same audio chip for recieve amplification as they do for output audio, so that combined with"may hear for a split second" rules out hard parts. Find someone who has a Midland or Radio Shack with the same mic connector and try their mic to see if you now recieve.
Are you using an external speaker? If not try one, if so try a different one.

Back