• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blocks and shackles

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey I have a RE 4.5 on my xj, im adding a bunch of stuff the front will have acos but for the rear it has the RE3.5 pack and an RE 1" shackle, im adding a 2" shackle for an extra inch of lift but need another inch so i was considering a block, currently i have shims in there, where can i get a 1" block? Any ideas?

If you have to, get a steel block. I have seem aluminum ones crack. Or get those shackle extensions that are being sold by HD Engineering on here. Dirk Pitt is the guy I believe?

-Alex

I think i might go with some cheapo 1" blocks like the ones i just listed, even though for some reason those say for lowering (guess they thoughg XJs were not SOA)

I have no desire to take apart my spring packs, nor infect my rubicon express full packs with those nasty ass add-a-leafs haha. anyone have any ideas of other ones? I havent found much :(

You will find that the blocks and the 2" shackles will apply too much leverage to the leaf packs; which will damage them over time...
My suggestion would be to save your money and not buy the blocks or 2" shackles, purchase the RE 4.5" leaf packs and sell the 3.5" leaf packs to recover some of your investment...

Did this same thing 6 years ago.
Advertised that I was removing the RE 3.5" packs had someone buy them before I removed them....

Last edited:
Shackles will put wear on the packs, blocks dont do much though. The problem with blocks is that they are BLOCKS, not flexy and slightly dangerous...

Make your own? Get a chunk of steel or aluminum, drill a hole in the middle, press in a pin and bang you got bulletproof blocks. Of course it's a little more complex than that, but you get the gist.

I too have seen the aluminum blocks crack, but they were 2 or 3 inches, not 1.

Back