• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

VDP shelf-It overhead storage

My jeep had one when I got it, I HATED it. It made visibility out of the windshield crap. Seemed like it fit ok though...

That was the first thing that got pulled, along with all the TAZ stuff the lady had put all over the place... Not to mention the yosemite sam mud flaps...

2001XJ said:
Anyone use this? Anyone have the Deluxe version. Pics would be nice. How is the quality/fitment. I have read there are no visor clips after install so the visors swing around....seems like an easy fix though.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/Overhead-Consoles/GP_2017549_N_111+2001+200728794+600001525_10101.jcw

TIA

I have one in my rig from when Pace Edwards was distributing them. Made me sad when they said they weren't making them anymore. Funny, the pics in the VDP catalog are from Pace Edwards' material. ;)

Anyway, I have the Deluxe in mine. Only real complaint is with the visors not having the clips to hold them in. Not sure what they were thinking there. Doesn't matter anyway because with the visor folded up I can see anything in front of me. Fold the visor down and you might as well have a solar reflector up in the windshield. The shelf does enough for sun protection and I'll trade off not having visors for the handiness of the overhead storage. I wear sunglasses all the time anyway, so it's no big deal, really.

I tried one in my 94 years ago. I removed it after 2 hours of road time. I lost so much of my vision, I couldn't see stoplights on the far side of an intersection without slouching down.

ECKSJAY said:
I have one in my rig from when Pace Edwards was distributing them. Made me sad when they said they weren't making them anymore. Funny, the pics in the VDP catalog are from Pace Edwards' material. ;)

Anyway, I have the Deluxe in mine. Only real complaint is with the visors not having the clips to hold them in. Not sure what they were thinking there. Doesn't matter anyway because with the visor folded up I can see anything in front of me. Fold the visor down and you might as well have a solar reflector up in the windshield. The shelf does enough for sun protection and I'll trade off not having visors for the handiness of the overhead storage. I wear sunglasses all the time anyway, so it's no big deal, really.

Can you post a pic?

2001XJ said:
Can you post a pic?

1996 XJ. Last pic is to show one of two accessory plugs. These are wired hot for cell phone/gps/solar charger (that's the plug hanging down in the first couple of pics). Click any thumbnail for giganto fullsize.

Back