• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 E-brake cables?

IGOCOMMANDO

NAXJA Forum User
What are you guys using for e-brakes on your 8.8 swap? I could fab something up if I can come across the right length cables. Right side one is too short and left side is too long. Search didn't produce anything. Thanks.

You can swap the sides around. Did you try to lenghten the cable underneath the handle? When you get them long enough wrap the cable around the e brake thingy and secure it with a cable clamp. blaise

Well, I was looking for 2 cables the same length and route them close to stock using the same anchor points that the stock cables used. I was just looking under my Dodge and have to go get the tape measure and check the cables out from it.:confused1

I used two Liberty cables part number 52128510AG.

Per the guy I got my axles from I'm using OE XJ cables.

I didn't mess with hooking up the ebrake when I swapped in the 8.8. I had intentions of doing it later as I just wanted to get it back on the road. ......That was a little over 2 years ago. I haven't missed it.:farmer:

Thanks for all the leads. And Hale, if I had an auto, I wouldn't be quite as concerned but the manual makes me need one.

IGOCOMMANDO said:
Thanks for all the leads. And Hale, if I had an auto, I wouldn't be quite as concerned but the manual makes me need one.

Yeah, I can understand that. I do have an automatic.

I used my stock ones and they worked fine. both of mine are the same length.

I used the xj ones, just wrapped them around the arm and clamped them but if I was to do it again I would have reused the stock 8.8 ones so they would still have the loop and not a clamp that could fail. I have heard that they will work.

xjohnnyc said:
I used two Liberty cables part number 52128510AG.

Got a length on those? Housing length and cable length? Wonder how they compare to the passenger YJ. Concerned about the cables limiting droop like the stock ones did.

Mark

Passenger YJ cables are for drum brakes on a lifted XJ. Different ends than on a disc brake setup.

The KJ ones are plenty long enough. In fact, you have to loop them.

Back