• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post your pics of stock flex

oldmustangjunkie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm debating on what to do with my Jeep. BB vs. aftermarket. I'm interested in seeing how much wheel travel these things have with the sway bars disconnected front and rear.
Thanks!

oldmustangjunkie said:
I'm debating on what to do with my Jeep. BB vs. aftermarket. I'm interested in seeing how much wheel travel these things have with the sway bars disconnected front and rear.
Thanks!

What do you mean by BB vs. aftermarket? A BB is aftermarket. At least the rear would need to be. Do you want to see flex on a 2" lift (typical BB)?

Markos said:
What do you mean by BB vs. aftermarket? A BB is aftermarket. At least the rear would need to be. Do you want to see flex on a 2" lift (typical BB)?

My first budget boost was parted together with junkyard parts making it NOT aftermarket. Used rear leafs to make a bastard pack which is part of your BB

:shiver:

Taken @ Beards Hollow in Long Beach, Wa. The rock is almost at hoodline height, but has a nice ramp to it......
I could have gone farther if my LSD was working right.

Copyof100_1132.jpg

Copyof100_1133.jpg

I love the look of a stuffed stocker! They can swallow half the tire!

bcmaxx said:
My first budget boost was parted together with junkyard parts making it NOT aftermarket. Used rear leafs to make a bastard pack which is part of your BB

I just wanted to confirm what the OP was looking for. I knew someone would chime in and said they made a BB with stacked coil isolators and a bastard pack. BB and 'aftermarket' really go hand in hand. Even if you used extra OEM xj leafs, it's not like a BB is a factory option. An upcountry XJ would be the closest match.

oldmustangjunkie said:
I'd love to see flex pics of your typical BB setup. I was thinking about using a taller spring in the front and making some JY packs for the back.

No longer OEM tech at this point, but here is mine at 2" lift, disco'd front and rear.
2051924972_7561be3931_o.jpg

oldmustangjunkie said:
Markos--what kind of BB did you use?

I ran rusty's AAL and 2" coil spacers in the front for about 4 years. I upgraded the suspension last year. The pic above is with 2" Rubicon Express coils, OME shocks, and OME leafs. It is a true 2", as the height didn't deviate from my Rusty's height whatsoever. You might not get the same rear flex with the AAL, since it's very stiff. Assuming that your shocks are long enough, a factor setup + spacer should get the same amount of flex as what I posted. For the rear Adding some weight to the cargo area helps. I strap in my toolbox - mostly to bring my tools, but it also weighs 80 lbs, plus my 10lb CO2 tank. If you can get your hands on full leafs, that's the way to go. Otherwise, I'd go with a shackle (which is easier to install anyway).

they flex pretty good but it was rubbing like a sumbitch no rub at all w/ the BB

Picture100.jpg

Nope, it's completely stock WITH swaybars still connected. Well, except for the 2" shackles which are just used to compensate for my saggy ass leafs.

Wow. These Jeeps flex pretty good from the factory! I'm pretty sure I'm going to with a BB now and save my $$ for other offroad goodies. I'm going to use a 2" front spacer but I'm not sure about the rear. I'm told the block cause axle wrap, the shackles flatten out your springs and I it won't be as flexy with the AAL. So someone school me on which one will be the best compromise. My Jeep is only used to pull my atv, and drive to and from the trails.

oldmustangjunkie said:
poorboy_616: Is your suspension stock or does it have the budget boost?

Bone stock!

BB is in the works.....

The BB matches the way I wheel, so any bigger would be overkill. Plus where I work now, any taller would make it too difficult for me (5' 5") to get in plus it would become "unprofessional" in the opinion of my new employer (may need to have other staff ride along with me), though it would be cool in the opinion of my students.

Last edited:
Stock junk, just got done putting a new winter coat on it this evening so it now looks vastly different, shooting enamel in the rain in a dusty old barn. :looser:

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0629.jpg

Back