• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dealership problems with recall 702

SeansXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So I was denied for recall 702 with the ABS pump and master cylinder. For some odd reason they say my 90 does not apply. I read somewhere here that they like to hassle people on the recalls. Should I contact a higher source to see if I can get some help on this? It just seems odd that I'm having the exact problem the recall is for but I don't apply, how convienent. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Sean

Yeah they said off my VIN# my Jeep does not apply. I mean I believe them partialy but I am just wanting to check on it to be sure.

That's what I figure, but maybe I got a dumbass to check on it...who knows. I guess its just my luck as everyone says.

Sean, Sent you PM with info. The 702 recall applies to your Jeep, try another dealer or call Chrysler 800#

puttzer said:
...,The 702 recall applies to your Jeep, try another dealer or call Chrysler 800#
Try another dealer AND call Chrysler. If they turned you down for safety related recall work, let the corperate people know. Weather because of laziness or incompetence, they need an ass chewing from upstairs.

When I worked for a local Dodge dealership they would not say anything if they say something wrong on a customers vehicle while it was still under warranty. The only way they would fix the problem was if the customer was concerned with it. Also on the used cars if they came in for an oil change (after it was sold to a customer) and you performed the mandatory 27 point inspection (mandatory by the dealer not chryco) if you saw saw anything wrong (other than an air filter) they would not tell the customer unless it was 12k miles after the purchase mileage. Needless to say I did not stay there long.

Thanks!!! I really appreciate you doing that for me. I certainly will be calling. What seemed funny was that he asked how many miles I had, like it makes a difference or something even thought its a lifetime warranty.

Thanks again!
Sean

That's what I figure, but maybe I got a dumbass to check on it...who knows. I guess its just my luck as everyone says.

The dumbasses congregate at my local dealer; after I recently had a small issue, I left with 3 more problems than I came in with. Not to mention, their level of incompetence actually scares me. That will be the last time I ever take my Jeep to the dealer!

Best of luck to you!

When I worked for a local Dodge dealership they would not say anything if they say something wrong on a customers vehicle while it was still under warranty. The only way they would fix the problem was if the customer was concerned with it. Also on the used cars if they came in for an oil change (after it was sold to a customer) and you performed the mandatory 27 point inspection (mandatory by the dealer not chryco) if you saw saw anything wrong (other than an air filter) they would not tell the customer unless it was 12k miles after the purchase mileage. Needless to say I did not stay there long.

Holy crap! :scared:

Thanks!!! I really appreciate you doing that for me. I certainly will be calling. What seemed funny was that he asked how many miles I had, like it makes a difference or something even thought its a lifetime warranty.

Thanks again!
Sean

I thought as long as the vehicle was driveable and registered, it had to be fixed at the manufacturer's expense?

I checked and it said there's an incomplete recall dealing with "Brake Shift Interlock." Anybody heard of this or know what it is?

Yea, it's why you have to push the brake pedal before you take the truck out of gear. My Jeeps have all had them but my Turbo Mopars had ones that were inoperable...kinda preferred it that way, but I don't have kids either:dunno:

Hell if that's all it is I'm not worried about it. As it is now I can start it in any gear, and shift into any gear without touching the brake or key. Also need a new key cylinder as the one in it I can take the key out while it's running.

unfortunately many dealerships do not want techs to upsell warranty...
I know that at the boat dealership I work at that recalls pay VERY well and TSB or other warranties pay a little low. My employers like to make our customer's happy by doing any warranty work that we can, but that also is a big help in the slow season.

Back