• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone to evans creek?

98CherokeeSport

NAXJA Forum User
So is anyone headed up to Evans Creek this weekend? I will be up there Saturday after work with a few buddies. just ran the 311 the other day after school. piece of cake!

Evans creek is up past Carbonado.

What kinda stuff are the popo's looking for? I am stock except a lift and tires. will they ding me for not having mudflaps?

thanks for the heads up!

Is the guy bored or just worried about about job security? I definately got pulled over and "warned" about my mud flaps right after I lifted my truck, love that oak harbor p.d.

IXNAYXJ said:
Be 100% street legal or be prepared to get a ticket. 311 is the bunny slopes of Evans, try 197 if you want a challenge.

-----Matt-----
Ya know Matt, 2-3 years ago I would have agreed with you. Now not so much with 311. I did it 3 years ago on my XJ with 3" and 30s/ open diffs. Now just getting on 311 is darn near a gate keeper. Hell, you won't even go near your stump of doom! Granted it's not THAT challenging but there are a few spots that will shut down something on 31s pretty easily.

Oh and as for the Deputy that loves to lecture, yeah you need mud flaps, lights, bumpers, flares and everything else that makes it stock. He actually tried telling me I needed to have a rear bumper even though MJs came from the factory without them:guitar:

i guess i will just have to stay on the trails and avoid him. i have a 3.5" lift on 31's and trimmed fenders. would he really give me that hard of a time?

is the 197 at the end of a road with a gate . and the first hill is muddy off camber to the fight for bout 100 feet the turn to the left?

Sounds about right. The way I know to get there is by the gravel road, theres a nice sized mud hole on the right side then a entrance to a trail with a hill climb that goes around the corner, after you get up that hill you turn left to get onto the 197, theres a trail marker there though.

-Alex

Peice of cake evan at night :gee:

ya the 197 is body damage central. i went up Saturday and ran the whole 311 and 102. the work party up there this weekend filled in all the holes and hard spots on the 311. i crawled over everything with not problem where as last time i had to be pulled over a spot and take a run at a few. :smsoap:

ya the 197 is body damage central. i went up Saturday and ran the whole 311 and 102. the work party up there this weekend filled in all the holes and hard spots on the 311. i crawled over everything with not problem where as last time i had to be pulled over a spot and take a run at a few. :smsoap:

BOO!

Sometimes you just need to let things be up there. The trails have become increasingly difficult due to use and erosion; those not ready can take another trail!

Rant off.

Back