• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vent controller

BCKNBLK

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever had to replace the vent controller, the unit mounted in the dash center section below the radio? Its the unit that is controlled by the center knob. Half of my vents dont want to work properly, if at all. Seems the only vent that wants to work is the one for the windshield. I already checked for kinked vacuum lines and checked the vacuum connector behind the glove box, and found nothing wrong. Im just going through everything methodically at this point. If anyone has any info on this problem, or has replaced this controller before and knows where to get it besides the dealer (last resort due to cost) please let me know. Thanks guys, and keep Jeepin' hard......

Did you check the vaccum ball and see if its connected?

Mine had a weird reason for doing that. the "reducer" piece where the vaccum enters the cab was put in backwards by the po or their mechanic.

I turned it around and all was great.

Houston...we have a problem! I did a search on this subject and read a few things to look for. After a thirty second investigation under the hood, I will add my name to the list of people who have fallen victim to the corrosive effects of battery acid. It appears that the battery 'burped' at some time in the past, and a bit of acid dripped onto that vacuum line running right underneath. Looks like a small burn hole, readily identifiable. This is the same vacuum line that goes to the cruise control. That would explain why the cruise control stopped working almost a year ago. Anyone with similar problems, or anyone with an hour to kill, check your vacuum line under the battery and maybe do some PM. Thanks guys, 'till next time!

Back