• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will Wrangler Seat Covers Fit???

Morris4x4Center

NAXJA Forum User
Before I start opening boxes and trying them on, I was wondering if anyone has used seat covers designed for Wranglers in their Cherokees. At first glance, the vinyl ones in my 1997 look VERY similar to an early model (97-02) Wrangler TJ. They could be a little bit wider... Perhaps it is just wishful thinking!!! We carry many seat covers by lesser expensive brands like Rugged Ridge and Rampage that fit the Wrangler TJ. Just thought it could be an alternative to the more expensive Wet Okole and CoverKings.

Dunno - but I've been considering those "GEAR" seat covers (the ones with the MOLLE/PALS webbing on them) for my 88, I just wasn't sure how much work it would take to get them on. I'm quite sure that the rear seat won't fit (duh!) but I'm not so sure about the fronts...

5-90 said:
Dunno - but I've been considering those "GEAR" seat covers (the ones with the MOLLE/PALS webbing on them) for my 88, I just wasn't sure how much work it would take to get them on. I'm quite sure that the rear seat won't fit (duh!) but I'm not so sure about the fronts...

MOLLE as in

Modular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment ? If so, that's pretty awesome where can I find these?

Thanks for the link! I don't know what someone would think if I was rolling down the trail with an ACU MOLLE system in my jeep. It would be great to have and make it easy to get your gear out of the way and have it secured.

I love the concept but I'm not sure I'll ever buy them. First, I wouldn't know what to do with that many pouches. Second, they would block passenger space. Third, I have heated leather seats and want to feel them not some cold canvass.

ehall said:
I love the concept but I'm not sure I'll ever buy them. First, I wouldn't know what to do with that many pouches. Second, they would block passenger space. Third, I have heated leather seats and want to feel them not some cold canvass.

1) Believe me, you'll find uses. I mainly use my rig as a work truck, and it would give me quicker access to quite a few small items.

2) No worried - my two-door is being set up as a two-pax anyhow. Kids are all growed up, and out of what's left of my hair.

3) No heated seats - no frills. Besides, it shouldn't be so thick as to interfere with heated seat operation...

Besides, it's not just pouches that you can hang off of MOLLE/PALS. How about a three-litre water bladder on the back of your seat, out of the way, with the drinking tube somewhere handy? A place to keep tools that you're likely to need to be able to find easily? It's simple enough to make custom MOLLE pouches as well - for information and materials, check out www.diytactical.com.

Not all of us would find it useful - but I'm quite sure that many of us might, and there are more than a few of us who will.

Fourth, the sides are blocked and would have to be cut and stitched to provide access to the seat controls

images.ashx

Instead of making a new thread, I am bringing this older one back since nobody answered the question and I need to know now too. So...WILL 97+ TJ seat covers fit a 97+ XJ??

bumpy bump why ?

because you can get the smitty neoprene seat cover for front and rear for 170.00 at 4wheel parts this wekeend

so i would also like to know if the TJ seat covers would fit a 2001 XJ they look the same

Back