• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Disabling ABS

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
Swapped out the D35 for a Chry. 8.25 in my 97 XJ and was wondering what is the best method of permament disablement. I know many just pull the fuse for off roading but is this ok for long term? Thanks, Al

That should be ok. I cut the sensors at the hubs, took out the ABS pump & used the plumbing and metering block off a non ABS, same year rig. The m/cyl is the same. Maybe it was overkill but it really cleaned up the left inner fender. On my sons 95 we just disabled the sensors & left the crap in there. If your pump is good you can probably sell it on Craigs list or E-Bay. Someone out there will need it, they go for up to $250 at wrecking yards.

I pulled the fuse, all 4 wheel sensors/wire harness's, and the ABS light.

I then notified my insurance company that the ABS was now removed from the Jeep but the brakes pass the VA safety inspection.

2000 XJ, I pulled the ABS relay in the PDC. I left all the plumbing and most of wiring in place. 2 + years, no problems.

need help i have a 90 xj tried to pull my abs swaped out master cycl. and booster i have brakes but my jeep won,t start? feel like an idiot but still need help.

Jason90XJ, You may want to start a new thread including all possible details. I though my thread here was long dead since it was so old. I don't have any advise for you but good lock, Al

Back