• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hitch Wiring Harness 97~01

Big_Al

NAXJA Forum User
As the title states I need to wire up my 97 for trailer lights. Is there a simple plug and go or is it a splice job. I have the harness off the 95 the hitch came off of but there is no plug on my 97 that
it fits. TIA....Al

There should be a plug for the trailer on the body harness in the rear left kick panel behind the spare tire stand. If it didn't come with a tow package, you'll have to add a hitch pigtail. If you want to be able to use all seven wires, you'll need to get a factory pigtail, either from the junkyard or the dealer. Otherwise you can get a four-pin harness that will just plug right up from aftermarket (like this).

ehall said:
There should be a plug for the trailer on the body harness in the rear left kick panel behind the spare tire stand. If it didn't come with a tow package, you'll have to add a hitch pigtail. If you want to be able to use all seven wires, you'll need to get a factory pigtail, either from the junkyard or the dealer. Otherwise you can get a four-pin harness that will just plug right up from aftermarket (like this).

Thanks ehall,
I just jumped on that site and got mine!, i've had the back panel off for a month looking for this around town but couldn't fine one.
:cheers:

Back